With every piece of web content that you have on your social media, blog or website, you should be thinking about what your end goal is. Do you want the reader to sign up for your newsletter? Generate traffic to your website? Positively influence their perception of a product or service? Writing web content that converts is both an art and a science, which is why many people dedicate hours to getting it just right.
Don’t Stray Away from Emotion
Emotion is a big motivator in any business or consumer decision. There are many different ways to help elicit your desired response in a viewer or reader. Some of the most effective ways to make content that converts include:
- Peer Pressure: Feeling like other people are experiencing the same things that you are or liking things that you would also like, and worrying that you are potentially missing out, is a powerful motivator.
- Self-Improvement: Everyone wants to be the best at what they do. If you frame content in clever ways, like “10 Things You Might Not Know About XYZ,” or “# Features You Probably Missed About XYZ,” it can encourage those looking to grow to engage with your company.
- FOMO: Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) is a newer concept that is similar to peer pressure. Fear is one of marketing’s most successful motivators because nobody wants to miss out on an opportunity.
Limiting availability, quantity or time helps to foster a sense of urgency in your readers. Urgency should be used in every form of web content including blogs, landing pages, emails and online advertisements. One example of this would be if you are going to host a paid webinar in a month. Create a landing page that offers the webinar free of charge for the first 100 people to give you an email address to make things time sensitive and encourage people to act now.
Make It Clear
Finally, your web content needs to be clear and understandable. When crafting content with a focus on clarity, you should utilize the following process:
- Introducing the topic
- Using easy-to-understand language
- Explaining how things affect the reader
- Explaining your recommendations or tips
- Discussing how the issue could come into play for the reader in the future
- Providing some type of email-gated content as the blog or article’s CTA
Affordable Web Content Creation from My Content Co
My Content Co knows how to create fast, engaging and effective digital content, just like you know how to grow your small business. We specialize in creating websites, blogs, social media posts and newsletters that are consistent with your brand.
Partner with us to get started with your online marketing goals. Visit us online or contact us today at 410-324-3934 to get started.