If you’ve ever sat down to write a blog post for your business, you are probably aware that it can take a lot of time and effort to come up with a post that is engaging, timely, and thorough. In the midst of your other daily tasks, it may even be hard to convince yourself to sit down and commit time to writing something that will simply be buried on your website by other posts anyway. In reality, the life of your blog posts doesn’t end once you publish them to your site. They’re only just beginning! A best practice in content creation is to put 20% of your time into creating content, and the other 80% on promoting it. As such, let’s take a look at a few ways to repurpose your blog content!

Catch Eyes with Well Made Social Media Graphics


Most blog posts outline step by step processes or are published with a series of headings corresponding to each main point of the piece. By taking these main points and creating an eye-catching graphic with them, you can offer your audience an eye-catching glimpse into your content. If they like what they see, they can always view the full blog to take in all the details. With some time and effort and a Web 2.0 graphic design program like Canva or Adobe Spark, you can create high quality branded graphics based on your blog content.

Quote Graphics

As an alternative to giving a broad overview of your most recent blog post with an infographic, consider zeroing in on one specific point by pulling a quote and constructing a graphic with it. By pairing your post with an engaging visual, your audience is much more likely to notice your content and want to learn more. Otherwise, they might just confuse your blog with another post they should simply scroll past.

Update Your Old Content

If you’ve included statistics and facts in your blog content over the years, it is likely that a lot of that content is outdated now. This gives you a great opportunity to repurpose it! This is particularly a good idea when you know that the original version received heavy traffic. Once your blog post is up to date with new data, you may just spark your audience to revisit.

Share Your Blog Content Via Your Newsletter

Newsletters are one of our most successful methods to reach audiences with our clients. If your business stays in contact with its audience using a newsletter, there is no reason not to include your latest blog content along with key company updates. We recommend sharing your posts within a month of their publishing in order to get a spike in activity on your site, which often translates to a boosted SEO score.

Repurpose Your Old Blog Content and Create Brand New Content with My Content Co

My Content Co knows how to create relevant, engaging, and timely digital content, just like you know how to grow your business. We specialize in creating SEO friendly websites, blogs, social media posts and newsletters that are consistent with your brand. Partner with us to get your customers reading your blog. Visit us online or contact us today at 410-324-3934 to get started.